Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
Georgia Power Supports Local REACH Scholars
Georgia Power Supports Local REACH Scholars
Paige Coker
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

James Willis, area manager for Georgia Power in Waycross, recently presented a check to Superintendent Jim LeBrun in support of the REACH Georgia Scholars program. REACH Georgia is a needs-based scholarship program that pairs middle school students (scholars) with mentors and coaches who work with the scholars to prepare them from college and careers. REACH stands for “Realizing Educational Achievement Can Happen.” Scholars who successfully complete the program and graduate from high school earn a $10,000 scholarship, paid over four years the students are enrolled in any Georgia HOPE-eligible post-secondary institution.  REACH Georgia not only helps students graduate from high school, but it also gives them the tools to be able to complete college and return to our community and into our workforce.


The Ware County School District has committed to providing 35% of the scholarship, with the remaining 65% coming from State REACH funds, individuals, or organizations like Georgia Power who are interested in making a tax-deductible donation to support the Scholars. If you are interested in learning more about the REACH program, please contact Paige Coker at (912) 283-8656, ext. 1152. Monetary donations to REACH Georgia can be mailed to Ware County Schools, 1301 Bailey Street, Waycross, GA 31501, Attn: Paige Coker. When submitting checks, please note "REACH Scholars Donation" on the check memo line.