technology parent support
|HOME & FAMILY CONNECTION NEWSLETTER (Monthly)||Title I and Family Engagement Contact Information|
|SEPTEMBER 2020 ENGLISH/ SPANISH|
OCTOBER 2020 ENGLISH/ SPANISH
NOVEMBER 2020 ENGLISH / SPANISH
DECEMBER 2020 ENGLISH/ SPANISH
JANUARY 2021 ENGLISH/ SPANISH
|Susan Tison- firstname.lastname@example.org|
Title I School Coordinator &
Shakila Gibson- email@example.com
Family Parent Engagement Coordinator
2114 Dorothy Street
Waycross, GA 31501
GADOE SLDS Parent Portal
pARENT & fAMILY ENGAGEMENT
Center Elementary believes that parent engagement is the participation of parents in regular two-way, meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities that ensure:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their childs’ learning.
- Parents become full partners in their child’s education by staying active in their daily learning.
- Parents have the opportunity to participate in teacher/parent conferences.
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate in decision-making and serve on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Parents are invited to participate in other activities in our Parent Engagement Plan.
Center Elementary and our parents follow the National PTA Standards for Family School Partnerships as the school’s model in engaging parents, students, and the community.
1. Welcoming All Families
2. Communicating Effectively
3. Supporting Student Success
4. Speaking Up for Every Child
5. Sharing Power
6. Collaborating with Community
Need a Parent Conference?
Due to COVID-19 and CDC Guidelines, parent conferences will take place over the phone or Google Meets until further notice. Please continue using the following procedures to set up a phone or Google Meets conference.
Notify the teacher via email, phone call, or note that a parent-teacher conference desired. The focus of the meeting should be stated. The teacher will respond within two days to establish an appropriate date and time for the parent-teacher conference. Meet with the teacher at the designated time. If one is unable to meet at the designated time, he/she should contact the school at 287-2366 to inform the teacher.
The teacher will notify the parent/guardian via email, phone call, or note that a parent-teacher conference is desired. The focus of the meeting should be stated. The parent should respond within two days to establish an appropriate date and time for the parent-teacher conference. In establishing school-wide teacher-parent conferences, such as Tier 2, 3, or 4 meetings, the teacher or administration will set a designated date and time for the conference. If a parent is unable to attend at the established date and time, then he/she should contact the school within two days for an alternative meeting. If the teacher is unable to meet at the designated time, he/she should inform the parent immediately via the most appropriate way.