Memorial Drive Elementary - "A Haven for Excellence"
Built in 1959, Memorial Drive Elementary is located in a small, rural town in the southeastern corner of the state called Waycross. It is within the city limits and the majority of the approximately 400 students are bussed into Memorial Drive. Memorial Drive is a Title I school due to the composition of the school. The School Improvement process has been active since 1996. Examining the data through this process each year has been the basis for developing a plan that keeps us focused on our goals. All of our teachers have completed Learning Focused Schools training.
Fully accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, the mission of Memorial Drive School is to challenge students to perform at their optimum levels of achievement in an orderly and caring atmosphere, focused on healthy living and physical fitness.
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
- A safe and orderly environment promotes learning.
- We must be committed to making immeasurable endeavors to challenge students to perform at their optimum level of achievement.
- Education is the most vital force in operation today, and we are responsible for helping students develop mentally, socially, physically, and vocationally.
- A broad-based educational program must include students, parents, teachers, administrators, and the community.
- In education, change is constant, growth is necessary, and needs are diverse.
- We must accept the challenge of preparing students for the future by providing the life skills essential to success in the 21st century.
Our Four School Rules
- Obey and respect all adult school staff.
- Keep your hands, feet, and all of your body to yourself.
- Take care of our school. (Pick up trash, clean the bathrooms, and close your milk carton.)
- Strive to be your best self at all times.
Please remember:Cell phones are NOT allowed to be used on school premises. Please step outside if you need to use your phone.
Memorial Drive has much to offer its students, such as:
- 21st Technology Classrooms
- Six computer labs
- Wildcat Walking Track
- Exceptional Physical Education Program
- Outdoor Lunchroom Cafe
- Outdoor Classroom
- Many clubs, teams, activities, & events