Memorial Drive Elementary School has been selected by the Student Support Team Association for Georgia Educators (SSTAGE) to receive the 2019 SSTAGE Star Award for Promising Practices at the elementary school level. In making this decision, the SSTAGE Board of Directors Site Team considered the following characteristics of effective implementation of the Pyramid of Interventions and RTI/MTSS practices:
* Effective systematic problem solving process at each tier
* Coordinated system of instructional/behavioral supports/resources
* Coordinated system of assessment and progress monitoring
* Job-embedded professional learning and ongoing teacher supports
* A systematic plan for parent/family communication and involvement
Memorial Drive Elementary School’s implementation of these components has brought them to the forefront of RTI/MTSS in Georgia. Their enthusiasm, team collaboration, dedication, and understanding of RTI/MTSS will be an inspiration to educational leaders and teachers across the state of Georgia.
SSTAGE will invite the MDES team to present at the January 15, 2020 Promising Practices Conference, and they will be recognized for their accomplishments at an awards presentation. Congratulations, MDES!