LOCAL AGENCY PARENT INVOLVEMENT - LEBA
The Ware County School System affirms and assures the right of parents and legal guardians of children being served in activities funded by Title I the opportunities to participate in the planning, design and implementation of the Title I program and its activities.
- The Ware County School System shall involve parents in the joint development of its plan under section 1112, and in the process of school review and improvement under section 1116 through input received from school level improvement committees, school council meetings with parent membership and through input received from other parent meetings or written surveys. It shall also establish expectations for parent involvement through written information distributed to parents through system, school, and classroom newsletters, parent contracts, the local media, as well as through school or system websites.
- The Ware County School System shall provide coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance through the distribution of written information and resources and through meetings in or out of the school involving appropriate personnel.
- The Ware County School System shall build the schools’ and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement through a variety of activities to include but not limited to
Providing information to parents in written form or through meetings on topics such as the State’s academic content standards, State and local student academic achievement standards/assessments, and the requirements of parent involvement under the law.
Providing materials and training to help parents work with their children and monitor their progress to improve their children’s achievement.
Training educational staff on how to build ties between parents and the school.
Coordinating and integrating parent involvement strategies with Head Start, Pre-K programs and other programs, to the extent feasible and appropriate by communicating directly and indirectly with these agencies through verbal or written information when needed.
Sending information to parents in a format and, to the extent feasible, in a language that parents can understand.
Providing reasonable support for parental involvement activities as parents may request or as the school or system deems appropriate or necessary.
- The Ware County School System shall conduct, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parent involvement policy to determine whether there has been increased participation and whether there are barriers to greater participation, particularly by parents who are economically disadvantaged, disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority background. This data will be obtained from parent, committee or school council meetings or through parent surveys.
- The Ware County School System, in conjunction with individual school activities, shall, to the extent possible, implement the activities to meet the federal requirements under Title I, Part A, Sec. 1118. It shall encourage and support activities that allow the schools to effectively involve parents, which places a positive impact on student success.
Ware County Schools